Online marketing refers to the use of web-based platforms through the internet to engage, attract, and influence current and potential customers to choose a business’s products, services, brands, and other offers. Online marketing aims to convert readers, searchers, shoppers, and social media users from virtual visitors into customers.
This method has become the most useful in customer engagement, advertising, and marketing because of the widespread use of the internet both for personal and business purposes. It is a much easier and cost-effective way to promote a business because the online world has been the home of many audiences not only in one’s country but across the globe.
This modern way of marketing is different from traditional marketing which uses media such as radio, television, print, and billboards. These traditional channels of marketing are too expensive, highly regulated, and difficult to measure compared with online marketing which can be utilized easily without spending much money.
Nowadays, making ads, campaigns, and events is attainable by just using mobile phones and computers. By creating websites or posting through Facebook pages, one can easily publish and promote a business to a large population in just a short period.
It is both ideal and practical for businesses because its effectiveness and efficiency will give a higher rate of returns of investments and successful results.
Some of the most popular channels of online marketing are social media networks, email, search engine optimization (SEO), digital display advertising, blogging, content writing, Google Ads, video marketing, customer relation management (CRM), webinars, and virtual conferences. Today, with the continuous innovation in information technology, more and more ways of online marketing are offered to the public.
Key Advantages of Online Marketing
- It is less costly than physical marketing and advertising. Imagine how much is renting an outlet, or the materials to promote, TV ads, and the time needed to perform it. But because of the internet, these will be done without spending much money, time, and effort.
- It allows the advertisers and marketers to create, modify, and customize their styles or approaches to their channels in promoting businesses.
- It is available 24/7 and it can reach more people than traditional and physical marketing could do. Moreover, its reach is global.
- It is more customer engaging because communication and social interaction are more personal and real-time. Through the use of social media, engagement can build strong relationships with customers.
- It has ways of analyzing markets, trends, and data from the customers. This can help the businesses to plan and act based on the analysis that online platforms can provide.
- It helps the marketers to do market segmentation accurately by classifying the target markets based on the information available online.
Key Important Facts about Online Marketing
- Based on the World Internet Users and 2021 Population Stats, there are more than 7.8 billion internet users in the world. (internetworldstats.com)
- Statista 2018, reported around 1.8 billion people worldwide purchased goods online. (oberlo.com)
- About 80% of consumers do online research before deciding to purchase something. (milkwhale.com)
- 93% of online transactions were started in search engines. (lauro.media)
- According to DataReportal 2021, 5.22 billion or 66.6% of the total world’s population are users of unique mobile phones. (oberlo.com)
- The top five business to business (B2B) tactics in content marketing are social media content (92%); e-newsletter (83%); website articles (81%); blogs (80%); and in-person events (77%). (responsify.com)
- Statista 2020 recorded that 56% of the world’s total organic searches are from mobile devices. (oberlo.com)
- There are about 91,620 Google searches in one second. (internetlivestats.com).